Are you an early career silversmith or ceramicist looking for fully equipped shared studio, technical and mentor support, business advice and commission and exhibition opportunities? Apply now for Starter Studio programme at Yorkshire Artspace. Deadline 29th April 2019.
NOW OPEN TO APPLICATIONS
To foster new talent and support early career artists, Yorkshire Artspace runs two Starter Studio Programmes in Sheffield: one for Designer Silversmiths & Jewellers and one for Ceramicists.
Designed to help ambitious and entrepreneurial artists at an early career stage to develop their skills and creative enterprises in a supportive environment, the programmes offer access to shared workspace and equipment, technical and mentor support, business advice and occasional commission and exhibition opportunities.
The Starter Studio Programme for Ceramicists is delivered from on of Yorkshire Artspace’s large city centre studio complex’s. If you work with clay, want to join a thriving creative community and are looking to further your skills and professional practice then this may well be the opportunity you are looking for.
Key Features of the 2 year Programme include:
- 24/7 365 day access to equipped shared studio space (cost £120 per month inclusive of heat/power plus 1 month bond repayable on leaving the programme)
- Access to technical and mentor support
- Face to face business advice and support
- Bursary to undertake online professional development training via The Design Trust
- ‘All Fired Up’ Ceramic/ ‘Precious Little Gems’ Silversmith Commission/exhibition opportunity
- Receive a 20% discount on regular studio rental for 2 years from completion of the programme (subject to studio availability)